Homemade Buffalo Sauce - Recipe
It says in my 'About' page that I am an expert on very little in this world, but one thing I think I'm getting there with is making the perfect buffalo sauce. I've always been a big fan of wings and had been tempted to make them. Over the last month or so I've probably made about 5 batches using various little tweeks and accompaniments.
First we will start with the sauce itself, you will need;
- 300ml hot sauce, Franks is a favourite but I've been using West Indian hot sauce
- 1 table spoon of white wine vinegar
- 25g of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce
- Salt to taste
- Let the butter stand until it is room temperature
- Once butter is room temperature put in a sauce pan on medium heat with the hot sauce
- Once the butter is melted and combined with the hot sauce mix in the rest of the ingredients
- Make sure all ingredients are sufficiently mixed in
- Leave to simmer for around 15 minutes - but do not let boil or the butter will begin to separate
- Take off the heat and let stand
*one note - if you feel that the mix has become too vinegary which has happened to me, a teaspoon of brown sugar helps nullify it.
Keep an eye out for my next post where I'll be making Monkfish Buffalo Bites!
Cheers for reading,